Aaron is doing great in Kindergarten! He's so funny--such a stickler for the rules. Apparently the first week they mostly concentrate on learning the rules, so every day when I picked him up he would tell me the different rules for his classroom, lunchroom, and activity rooms.
He hasn't really learned anyone's names, so I'm not sure how he's doing with making friends. I'm sure he's playing with other kids, but kids never ask each other their names so he probably just doesn't know them yet.
I'm pleasantly surprised by all he is learning. I had been so worried that much of what they do would be boring to him since he already knows so much. But they're making it fun for him! In art class they're actually learning some art skills (it's not just coloring!). In PE they learn different exercises. In library they learned what the parts of a book are called. In computer lab (what Aaron says is his favorite, because he loves computer games!) they are just playing Starfall, which he's already familiar with, but he still loves it! In music they're using different instruments, which he enjoys.
Last week he started having homework every day (except Fridays). It's so funny to me that we come home from school and have to work on homework. I'm really entering a new season of life! Last week they learned the letter L and numbers 1-5, so his homework involved drawing things that start with L, practicing writing L and the numbers, and working on recognizing and writing color names. He takes alot of pride in doing something his teacher will be pleased with. I hope that continues! I'm going to scan some of his homework from last week, because I was so impressed with how he did!!
No comments:
Post a Comment