Saturday, August 1, 2009

Hannah's checkup, and other various stories

Hannah got to go see Dr. Charles yesterday! She wasn't too happy about it, but I was thrilled to find out that she weighs 9 lbs 10 oz!! That's almost 4 pounds she's gained in her two short months! Go Hannah!! She got her first round of shots and ended up sleeping most of the day.

Claire also had her checkup, and she's weighing in at 27 pounds and exactly 3 feet tall. She's doing well! We had left Aaron with Mammaw for the day so I only had the two girls with me, and we went home for some lunch, then to the grocery store. I realized that having just the two of them for a while gave me a taste of what life will be like in a little over a week when Aaron is at kindergarten all day. I asked Claire, "What do you think you'll do all day when Aaron is at school?" She thought about it and said, "I will play with you, and read books with you, and watch videos!" Later she added "And go somewhere." She is not going to know what to do with herself without her favorite playmate!! I'm looking forward to some one-on-one time with her though. I feel like I haven't gotten to invest as much time with her as I did with Aaron when he was her age.

************************************
Some funnies the kids have said recently:

Aaron: "Mommy, how can we take some months off of the earth?"
Me: "Months?" (thinking I misunderstood...)
Aaron: "Yeah, months. If you could, and you did, then there will be less months until Christmas."

I guess the birthday gifts are wearing off and he's ready for round 2!

A few weeks ago we got to go to Maggie Moo's Ice Cream shop with our playgroup for a behind-the-scenes tour. Claire loved Maggie Moo's, and even Maggie Moo herself (she's a cow). However, I realized Claire was confused when she pointed to a picture of a moose in a book just a few days ago and said, "That's a moose like when we went to Maggie Moose!"

No comments: