Thursday, March 13, 2008

Don't baptize your sister

One of the strangest things I think I have ever said as a parent is "Don't baptize your sister". I think it all started when Aaron learned in Sunday School about Jesus being baptized by John. He decided to come home and baptize Claire, and she hates it! He'll just grab her and fling her back. I'll hear Claire crying and I'll ask what happened. Aaron will say proudly "I BAPTIZED Claire!" or Claire will say "No Aawon bab-tize" between sobs. When I captured this particular moment she just jumped up and went about her business instead of crying. I guess she's getting used to it!



2 comments:

Samantha said...

Nicole, that is so funny! I love it! I'm glad Claire is getting used to it; that could be pretty scary for a tiny person!

Probably the funniest thing I've found myself saying as a mom was, "Harlan, put the washcloth back on Lillie's head; she was wearing it first!" Aren't they silly little people?!

The Roberts Family said...

Welcome to the blogging world!! Be careful...it is addictive! Looking forward to stalking your blog!! Kelly