Monday, March 31, 2008

Why I am a stay-at-home mommy

So I am a stay-at-home mommy, sort of. I have an AWESOME job with an AWESOME boss who lets me work part-time, from home, and set my own hours. It's the best set-up possible! I work when the kids are sleeping in the afternoon, and I go to the office on days when they are in Mother's Day Out.

On occasion, I have to go to the office for a special meeting, which was the case last Monday. I had to be there at 8 am, which is UNHEARD of for me! I had to get up at 6:00 am to get my shower and get ready, then wake my sleeping angels up at 7:00 am, so we could be out the door by 7:10. They went with no breakfast and still in their jammies to Mammaw's house, where she had breakfast waiting. I did manage to get to the office at 7:59, just in time. As I sat down, I counted my blessings that I don't have to do that every day! My kids don't normally wake up until 7:30 or after, and I cannot imagine having to wake them up every day. And not getting home until 5:30 would mean practically no time with my kiddos. I don't know that I could concentrate on work for wondering what my kids were up to all day! Last Monday I got to pick my kids up after lunch and spend the rest of the day with them.

This morning, I thought again about how blessed I am. I had the alarm set for 6:30, because it's nice to get up before the kids to shower in peace, and have a few minutes to read a devotional. When the alarm went off this morning, though, I decided I was not going to rush my day, and I turned it off. At 7:15, Aaron climbed into my arms and fell back asleep. He woke up sometime after 7:30 and smiled at me and said, "Sleep with me Mommy!" I said, "I am sleeping with you baby." He said, "Sleep with me more, Mommy." And I said, "Okay!" So we closed our eyes and fell back asleep until Claire woke us up at 8:15. Don't take me for a lazy mom--that is not our normal morning--but I am so thankful that I can have moments like that with my children when we need some extra rest time! And snuggling with my little boy is the best way to start a day!

2 comments:

Woodman said...

So sweet! I hope that God blesses me with the same situation when our time comes to have babies!! That is INDEED a GREAT blessing!! I'm so happy for you!

The Roberts Family said...

Wow.....I miss mornings like that!! My "angels" are too busy to rest with their tired mommy!!