Yesterday I browsed Beth Moore's blog for the first time. If you don't know, Beth Moore is a renowned speaker, teacher, and author of many Bible studies. One post I read yesterday struck me, the theme being "Give God His Glory!" (You can read it here: http://livingproofministries.blogspot.com/2008/03/something-on-my-mind.html). Basically if you see God do something, make sure you give Him credit for it! So I was thinking about a couple of things that happened recently that I need to give God His glory for!
*Before the consignment sale, I was so worried we were not going to have enough volunteers. It seemed many people within our church did not grasp the scope of what we were about to put on, and I was worried we would have long lines, confused or frustrated shoppers, and leave no positive impression on people who came through the doors. God reminded me of the story of the loaves and fishes--how He was able to take what was obviously not enough--2 small fish and 5 loaves of bread--and feed 5,000 people! He told me that he would do that with our volunteer staff. And He did! We had plenty of help--and the helpers we had were very busy and took charge of their jobs and everything got done!
*Again a story from the consignment sale--we had prayed a few days before the sale started that God would keep us and our children well so we did not have that distraction. Wouldn't you know that very night several of our kids, and us, started getting the stomach virus! (I was one of the ones affected...it was HORRIBLE!) But by the time the sale started, we were all on the mend and did not have the distraction of sickness during the sale. I thank God that he got that sickness out of our system before we had so much to do for the sale!
*Just last night we were putting the final touches on the house and dinner because we were having a small family gathering to celebrate Chris's birthday. Right before the first guests arrived, Aaron was carrying a 2-liter of Diet Coke, running through the kitchen, and somehow he fell and got a NASTY boo-boo on his finger. It had two huge splits, blood was going everywhere, and he was screaming at the top of his lungs. I was freaking out thinking we'd have to go to the ER for stitches, when my sister-in-law, Christi arrived. She is a physical therapist and has a much more level head and know-how about injuries than I do. She took a look at the boo-boo, assured us it would be fine, sent Allen to their house for medical supplies I didn't have on hand, and helped me doctor the wound. I am so thankful she arrived at that moment--I would have been clueless about what to do! That's God's perfect timing!
I could probably think of more, and I'm going to try to keep thinking of them! I want to give Him the glory so He will continue to work in my life!
1 comment:
Hey, I loved this post. Someone at our church recently suggested keeping a journal in which, each day, you write down one instance (or more) from that day when you could recognize God's hand in your life, helping you when you needed it. I like this idea. I haven't started the journal (YET), but it has made me stop and think every night about this, and I've realized that I would have something to write every single day ... proof that he really does know each of us and cares about our daily trials and worries.
Post a Comment