Aaron loves to practice his reading skills with workbooks we have stashed around the house.
Today he was working on a sheet where he had to identify short- and long- vowel sounds. I was working at the computer while he did his sheet, and suddenly he said, "Mama! I found a compound word!"
"You did? What is it?" I asked. I didn't think there were any long words on the sheet.
"It's got 'go' and 'at' in it," he said.
I had to look at his page to grasp what he was saying...and I saw the word "goat". I busted out laughing! I told him that WAS sort of like a compound word, but not really.
Then I reminded him of the rule "let the 'o' do the talking and the 'a' do the walking..." and he read it correctly as "goat".
What a quick thinker he is!! He was pretty proud of himself!
No comments:
Post a Comment