Aaron was equally as excited! We had a quick dinner and went with Daddy to pick up the beds. Then the kids and I went to Sam's to buy one more mattress for Claire's bunk. Claire fell fast asleep on the way home from Sam's, so she missed the building of the beds. But Aaron was definitely game for helping!
You can just see his sheer joy at being Daddy's helper!
He handed Daddy nuts and dowels and tools and whatever else Daddy wanted. While they worked I did laundry, and I could hear Aaron chattering non-stop! I was sure Chris would be so burned out with all the talking!
Aaron talked all night about when they would finally build the ladder. That's the part of the beds he was most excited about. When it was finally time, he figured out how the pieces went together all on his own while Chris was looking at the directions.
Yay, the ladder is together!
Helping Daddy with the power tools!
By the time the beds were ready, it was 10:00 and Aaron was exhausted! He was laying in the floor about 9:45 saying, "It's taking like a thousand hours to build this bunk bed!" We rushed to get it sleep-able and he climbed up!
Proud Daddy
I can touch the ceiling! (No, don't do that Aaron...you'll have popcorn all in your bed!)
The next morning we were still in bed when we heard Claire say, "Come see what Daddy built!" She was so excited! We got her mattress and bedding on, and she climbed right up!
By the way, the bedding was an answered prayer! I didn't want to spend a fortune, I wanted the bedding to match, and I wanted it to match the existing royal blue curtains I made a few years ago. I searched all over the web, and finally decided to check Walmart, and sure enough, they had these two! The local store even had them in stock so I just went and bought them the next day!
Claire said, "I'm going to get in all my pink and go to sleep!" She loves her pink sheets!
Look at that grin!
The transition has gone well. They played in the beds all day Saturday, and didn't get good naps so Saturday night they passed right out. Naps go fine as long as Aaron isn't in the room when Claire is trying to go to sleep (since he doesn't nap anymore). Every night so far has been uneventful...no excessive giggling or chattering...we just put them to bed and they go to sleep. So that is much better than I anticipated! Claire has already started calling the nursery Hannah's room (it helps we took Claire's name off the wall and are getting ready to put up Hannah's), and she doesn't seem bothered at all that the baby is taking her old room. She loves her new one!
We'll see how it goes when Hannah is actually here...less than two weeks now!
1 comment:
you know what would be cool, don't ya? shoving an old sheet under the top bunk so they can have a CLUBHOUSE on claire's bed!
i always wanted a bunk bed when i was little. so cute!!!
Post a Comment