I'm really not sure at this point how she's going to handle it. The last 2 or 3 months she has reverted to a very clingy stage, where she clings to me when I drop her off anywhere or when we are at birthday parties or playdates. Sometimes at home she wants to just sit next to me, suck her thumb, and rub her fist on my arm (she calls this "getting the tired off"--I have no idea where she got that). Sometimes even sitting on me is not close enough and she will whine, "Mommy, I want you," even when she is right there with me.
She is fiercely independent at times, too, wanting to do things for herself as much as possible. a few nights ago she decided she wanted to start wearing underwear to bed instead of a pull up, and she told me with this sassy voice while rolling her eyes, "But if I need to go potty I'll get out of my bed and go, silly!" Well, then, Miss Priss...she hasn't had an accident yet so I'm crossing my fingers that night training was just that easy!
She loves to pretend to have phone conversations with her friends Allie Rae, Emma Kate, and Maylee. She feeds her dolls nice round meals consisting of mac and cheese and ice cream. She enjoys socializing (more than Aaron does), but usually takes a few minutes to warm up to a new social situation. She loves pink and all things girly--hair clippies, princess socks, sparkly things.
Aaron and Claire are the best of friends, although they do fight and whine at each other quite a bit. She is going to be so lost when Aaron is not home this fall to play with her!
This last one is Claire with her preschool teacher, Mrs. Stephanie. She is already missing Mrs. Stephanie and her classmates since school let out. She just loved going to school every Tuesday and Thursday, and asked to go on other days too! She'll start again in September, in the 3 year old class. What a big girl she is becoming!
1 comment:
aw. this is a sweet post. she's going to be a great big sis. and i love the "go" and "at". he is so smart. best wishes until hannah arrives!!
Post a Comment