Thursday, May 7, 2009

A pregnancy update...

***Before I discuss the pregnancy, let me say that I talked to Aunt Christi and did confirm that Nate has never cleaned a toilet (of course!), nor does Nate remember telling Aaron that he did. Who KNOWS where Aaron got that! Also, Aaron brought home another drawing from church last night, of things he is thankful for. He drew a pretty good slide, and a big curvy "M" for McDonald's. I'm so proud!***

Well, I'm 36 weeks pregnant now! I'm considered full-term, so if I were to go into labor, they wouldn't stop me! Let me clarify--they wouldn't let me labor, but would go ahead and do the c-section. Boo hiss--but that's the way it's gonna have to be.

I had a crazy appointment this week. My doctor's office experienced a tragedy--one of their nurses was murdered by her husband--so the offices were closed and short-staffed while the employees mourned and attended the funeral. It was really a sad thing, but I couldn't help but be disappointed that it interfered with my appointment! How selfish is that??? I had to see the nurse practitioner instead of my doctor, and she didn't even have my full chart. So information was limited.

But, she was very nice and thorough and helped me with my appointment scheduling issues for the coming weeks. She measured my belly and I was measuring about 31-32 weeks, so she sent me back for an ultrasound. I got to see sweet Hannah briefly (the ultrasound tech was pretty busy so we didn't linger to oooh and ahhh over her little face and hands!). She looked perfectly healthy and is just a small baby, which is no surprise. They estimated she was 4 lbs 14 oz, but of course that could be off by a pound or two! Aaron was a little thing--only 5 lbs 6 oz at 39 weeks--and Claire was not much bigger at 6 lbs 8 oz at nearly 40 weeks--so Hannah will just be another little petite baby I'm sure! We weren't able to schedule my c-section since I wasn't seeing my doctor, but I'll get to do that at my next appointment on Monday.

I am so excited to meet Hannah! It's surreal to me to think that in just 3 short weeks (or less!) I'll have a baby sleeping by the side of my bed, nursing 'round the clock, demanding all of my attention. Crazy at is sounds, I'm looking forward to it. I've started having those dreams that I've had in my previous pregnancies, that the baby comes out at home so I can just look at her, but then I can't get her back in my tummy so we have to go to the hospital. So weird!

Aaron and Claire's bunk beds will be here any day now, and I've decided one wall in Hannah's room needs to be re-painted because of all the nail holes. (It hasn't been painted since I was pregnant with Aaron 5 years ago!) My sweet friend Angie is going to come tackle that for me next week, because I couldn't bring myself to make Chris do any more painting this year!

I'm feeling so very ready!! Of course at the same time, I'm not really ready because I still have a long to-do list before she arrives. But surely I will get it done!

No comments: