Monday, May 25, 2009

Hannah's room is done!

I was really starting to think we wouldn't get Hannah's room done until sometime after she was born, and I was coming to terms with that. It's not like she'll really need her room the first few weeks, since she'll be sleeping in my room. Right? But what mother doesn't want a pretty nursery to bring her baby home to, even if it is a 3rd child and the baby doesn't know any different...

So last night we finally got the wall in Hannah's room painted (it only needed painting because I had messed up the sheetrock taking down Claire's name...oops!). That meant I could finish the room--hang up her name, put the furniture back in place, and get things cleaned up and ready. I stayed up late working on some of the details, then finished it this morning. It was only 2-3 hours of work, so I don't exactly know why we put it off so long. Getting it done the day before delivery is certainly as last-minute as it gets!

I'm very pleased with how it turned out!




It's basically the same room Claire came home to, except I bought a different letter style for Hannah's name, I got a new painting from my friend Joy, and the dresser has a runner on it, which I made about a year ago in leiu of painting that antique dresser!



The gift from Joy--it matches so well!


I'm looking forward to rocking a sweet baby girl in that comfy glider!


Hannah, I think we're officially ready for your arrival!

1 comment:

kristi said...

her room is precious, and so is Hannah! shane showed me her pic on facebook..she's beautiful! congratulations!