Sweet Hannah Rose has gotten her eviction date! She will have to pack it up and move it out on Tuesday, May 26th at 4:30 pm. I can hardly wait to meet her!
She was almost born this past Tuesday. I went to the doctor that afternoon for my regular appointment, and had an ultrasound to check the baby's growth against her numbers from two weeks ago. She had only gained 8 ounces (now estimated 5 lbs 6 oz) and this small size and lack of growth concerned my doctor. She sent me over to the hospital for another ultrasound on the better machines, and said if they were concerned at all she was going to deliver the baby that night.
The ultrasound machines at the hospital were able to get images of the cord and monitor the blood flow through it, to make sure Hannah was getting enough blood and nourishment. They also did a bio-physical profile--watching things like her movement and heart beating. They determined everything looked fine--Hannah is healthy but just small--and with my history of having small babies, the doctor on call decided to send me home.
I went back to see my doctor on Thursday, because when I left the hospital Tuesday I still didn't have a date scheduled for the c-section. It was so frustrating not knowing what the plan was. Even more frustrating when my doctor said, "You mean we didn't already have something set up?" Um, NO, I've been asking you at every appointment when we were going to do this and never got an answer! (I didn't say that, but I was sure thinking it!)
Today I got my house spic-and-span while the kids were at Mimi's...I cleaned bathrooms, did laundry, swept and mopped, and roasted some chicken for some casseroles for the freezer. Talk about nesting! Honestly I was hoping if I worked really hard I might put myself into labor so I don't have to wait until Tuesday! But alas...no serious contractions yet.
We're lining up our plans for who is keeping the kids next week while we're in the hospital. It would be so much more convenient to have Hannah this weekend when everyone is off work, but it will all work out next week too. We have such a great family and everyone is pitching in to make sure the kids are well taken care of. Hannah is going to love being in our family!
1 comment:
YAY!!!!! THAT'S MY BIRTHDAY!!!!
great day to be born into this crazy world, lil' H!!!!
i can't wait to meet her!
Post a Comment