Monday, March 23, 2009

Happy Birthday Chris!

Last Thursday Chris celebrated his 3rd 29th birthday (or 31st, if you're counting right!).

I gave him a totally random gift of flip-flops for wearing around the house this summer, and some of his favorite candy--Whoppers, Reeses, and Milky Way bars. I wanted to get him a new MSU shirt, but I couldn't find one I liked for him. I'm still on the lookout for a good one.

Thursday night after work we went to dinner with Chris's parents at a local steakhouse. The kids really enjoyed the dinner, and afterwards I made sure we got a couple of pictures.




We got home and Chris was surprised when his brother and a couple of our friends showed up--I had invited them for cake and didn't tell him! So it was sorta like a low-key surprise party. He enjoyed visiting with friends.

The birthday boy with his cake. Aaron really wanted to do 31 candles, or a 3 candle and a 1 candle, but I didn't have that. So we did 3 green candles, and 1 yellow candle. The cake looks pretty, but I didn't like the recipe--it turned out too dry. The chocolate cream cheese icing was good though!


The kids enjoyed it!



And no one will ever turn down chocolate cake!


Nice shot, huh Jason?


Jason and Leigha got to oogle over sweet baby Maggie, who had stopped by with her mom Leslie (who somehow avoided my camera).



The kids ran around the house like crazies (after all the cake and ice cream was surging through their blood stream!). They were sweaty and hot from all the running!



Claire with one of her favorite people--Mrs. Leigha! And ketchup on her shirt!


So all in all Chris said he had a very happy birthday. It's the 11th birthday we've spent together--here's to many many more!

Love you sweetie!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

looks like a great birthday to me! i love the first photo of you four. and i haven't seen you & your baby bump in a while. you look amazing...so cute!!

kim.

Jason and Leigha said...

Claire Bear is one of my favorite too! :) Thanks for inviting us. We had a great time!

Woodman said...

Tell Chris I said Happy Birthday! And you look SO CUTE pregnant!! :)

Jon and Kelly Pack said...

Mrs. Leigha is my kids favorite,too. And it's even better that she is family! Happy Birthday to Chris.