A few weeks ago in the van Aaron and I had a discussion about how one day, he will grow up and find a nice girl and get married and have babies and THEN I will be a grandmother like Mimi. (Insert mommy's tearful sobs here!)
He reiterated it to me: "One day when I am all grown up I will go out and find a grown-up girl who doesn't have a husband yet, and I will marry her."
Then he asked me, "But how will I FIND her?"
"You'll just know," I answered. How was I supposed to answer that? It's one of life's biggest questions!
Later that night as he was hugging on Claire, he decided that Claire would be his wife. He really does love her, but I explained to him that you don't marry your sister. Claire would find her own husband. He seemed a bit disappointed, but I thought he had moved on.
Then today, in the van again, Aaron announced, out of nowhere, "One day I will have to find a WIDOW."
"A what?" I said, thinking I had misunderstood.
"A WIDOW. A WIDOW is a lady who doesn't have a husband because her husband has died. I will have to find a widow to be my wife." They learned about the widow's mite at Sunday school a few weeks ago, so someone must have explained to him what a widow is!
Then I told him that would be fine, but he could also marry a girl who has never had a husband before. Then he was quiet.
What will he come up with next? And why the obsessing over growing up? Just stay little!
No comments:
Post a Comment