Tuesday, March 17, 2009

St Patty's Day Picnic

Today is so beautiful!! The sun is shining brightly and I couldn't bear the thought of eating our lunch cooped up indoors. So we took our lunch to the driveway! Aaron also loves this because I only let him eat roasted peanuts outdoors, because of the huge mess he makes with them.



We had "shamrock shakes"...a banana milkshake with green food coloring!






Claire was being silly and taking a bow for me...



I laid down on the driveway (yes, big ol' pregnant lady laid down flat on the driveway! What a sight!) to get some interesting shots of the kids.






Then I put away lunch and the camera, and started reading my book in the sunshine while the kids played. I wasn't really paying attention to what they were doing, when I heard Aaron singing, "To the center of the earth" (a Backyardigans song, I think). I had to get my camera back out...they told me they were worm hunters.



What a mess! But what a glorious day to dig in the dirt!

1 comment:

Amber said...

We ate in the driveway too today. With Cody still sick it was nice to get outdoors for a few minutes and enjoy the sun.

I wish you had a picture of you laying on the driveway!