Monday, March 2, 2009

Math Whiz!

Aaron is my little math whiz. He has no interest in coloring, so I've been worrying about how well he'll do in Kindergarden. But I think if math were the only subject, he could whiz right on to 2nd grade!

Last week I bought him a white board for the fridge, and one night while I was cooking dinner I heard him chattering about how he was a teacher, and he was teaching math facts. I didn't pay him much attention, but after I got dinner in the oven I went to see what he had been doing. I was amazed to see that he had actually PRINTED some math facts on his board! His printing is still pretty shabby...he doesn't like to practice at all. But I'm hoping that printing math facts will entice him to practice printing more! (Plus, my friend Amy put some awesome tips on her blog about fun ways to teach kids the right way to draw numbers. Aaron watched her video and has been practicing this weekend.)



His math facts are:

8+8=16
1+1=2 3+3=6
10+10=20
100+100=200

Yesterday I heard him doing multiplication facts on his Leapster. Whoa nelly!!

1 comment:

jay :) said...

WHOA!!! WTG Aaron!