I have been contemplating lately how I can have two children who love each other so much, are so much alike, yet are so different in so many ways. It has me wondering what kind of loop this third child is going to throw me!
Here are some examples:
Aaron: honey mustard
Claire: ketchup
Aaron: apple juice
Claire: orange juice
Aaron: garbage trucks
Claire: baby dolls
(I know this one is all gender!!)
Aaron: blue
Claire: pink
(Claire tells us that the baby's favorite color will be pink, with her.)
At the playground--
Aaron: playing in the dirt or climbing
Claire: swings or slides
Aaron: pacifier/blankie (back in his baby days...quit when he was 2, with help from us)
Claire: thumb sucker, still going strong at 2 1/2 with no signs of stopping
Aaron: incredibly hard to potty train
Claire: incredibly easy to potty train
Aaron: wants to play cards
Claire: wants to play puzzles
Aaron: great at math, horrible at coloring
Claire: loves to color, and hasn't shown any unusual aptitude for math.
Aaron: ice cream in a cup
Claire: ice cream in a cone
Aaron: makes a huge mess when he eats
Claire: makes only a minimal mess
Aaron: always wants to hold my hand
Claire: says she can walk "by myself"
I could go on and on. They have many ways they are alike too, but I notice more of these little differences every day. I know they are individuals...it's just so funny to see it come out in them so strongly. I am anxious to know what our newest little addition will be like. What will she have in common with her older siblings, and what will be totally different than either one? Motherhood is definitely a new journey with each child!
No comments:
Post a Comment