The kids are still working on their ABC Bible verses. Aaron just loves it when I say he's mastered one enough to move to the next letter! Claire usually takes a little longer to get the verse memorized, so in the spirit of "no child left behind" we wait on her. (Actually, what I think she does is not even attempt to recite it to me until she has it 100% perfect, because just when I think she hasn't even started learning a verse, she'll up and say the whole thing! The key is Aaron and I reciting it over and over in her presence.) We usually work on the verses while we're riding in the van.
I had the kids say their C, D, and E verses for the camera yesterday. Claire insisted on also saying her A verse, because that is still her favorite.
A: "As for me, and my house, we will serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15 (They sometimes like to say "and my mama" instead of "and my house" which I think is just adorable.)
B: "Believe in the Lord Jesus and you will be saved." Acts 16:31
C: "Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right." Ephesians 6:1
D: "Do to others whatever you would like them to do to you." Matthew 7:12
E: "Every good and perfect gift is from above." James 1:17
I love the fact that I am learning these verses right along with them, as I just typed out all of those from memory!!
No comments:
Post a Comment