Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Alot on my mind...

I really want to be one of those bloggers who has something to post every day. And honestly I really do feel like there is something I want to add to the blog every day, but I just don't get time. I can't figure out why--how could keeping up with two kids, keeping a house clean, working part-time, and being involved in church possibly take all of my time?

But I digress...I have alot on my mind!

First was some very interesting conversations at my book club last Thursday night. We got off topic (we so rarely do that....ha ha ha) and started talking about what it means to be "saved". We discussed how being saved is different from growing up in a Christian home where you've always believed in Jesus. We mentioned that it's different from deciding to be religious. We discussed the ups and downs of the Christian life. I've been thinking about our conversations alot over the last week. I thought about how my kids are going to grow up in a Christian home, but I pray that at some point in their life they realize that is not enough. They will have to decide at some point that the sacrifice Jesus made for them must be accepted as a gift. He's not going to just take up residence in their life through osmosis--they will have to invite him in and decide they want to live for Him instead of themselves.

I was reading in the book of Daniel, and although I've read it before, it really struck me how that book is way more than just the lion's den and the fiery furnace! Daniel was serious about living for God even when it wasn't popular. Daniel 9:13 says "...all this disaster has come upon us, yet we have not sought the favor of the LORD our God by turning from our sins and giving attention to your truth." And it occurred to me that is what God wants--for us to turn from our sins and give attention to his truth!

So this is my prayer for my children--that what they are learning now about God and the Bible will not just be something they know about or believe in, but something that is relevant to their daily lives.

I'll save my other thoughts for another post--this one is getting long!

No comments: