To Market, To Market by Anne Miranda

This cute story with very interesting illustrations makes the kids laugh and laugh!
Trashy Town by Andrea Zimmerman and David Clemesha

This is one of Aaron's all-time favorites, so we bought it for him for Christmas. He has it completely memorized. Both my kids are big fans of Mr. Gilly!
Chicka Chicka Boom Boom by Bill Martin, Jr.

This classic tale of the alphabet climbing the coconut tree mezmerizes both of the kids. Claire has loved "boom boom" since she was about a year old! Scholastic makes a cute video with a catchy Chicka-chicka tune, and it also has Trashy Town on it!
Pete's a Pizza by William Steig

This is one of Claire's favorites, and Aaron loves it too. Very simple story about a sad boy being cheered up by his father by pretending to be made into a pizza. The kids chase each other around the house now saying "Wait, Pizza, wait!" It's pretty funny!
Duck in the Truck by Jez Alborough

We have never been dissatisfied with a Jez Alborough book, but this one is Aaron's favorite.
Froggy Bakes a Cake by Jonathan London

We love any book in the Froggy series, but this one particularly struck Aaron because he loves to cook with me. After we read this book he wanted to put a whole box of baking powder in every recipe I made! I would recommend the whole series!
Where the Sidewalk Ends by Shel Silverstein

This was one of MY favorite books as a child, so one day I checked it out for Aaron. He loved reading his book of "silly poems", especially Spaghetti and Sarah Cynthia Sylvia Stout Would Not Take the Garbage Out. I highly recommend this one!
If you have some recommendations, please post a comment--I am always looking for new books to read!
1 comment:
To Market, To Market was on of my first graders favorites last year. The lady in the book is illustrated based on a real author whose name is Coleen Salley and she looks exactly like the character in the book. One of my favorites of hers is Epossumondas - he is a possum :). There are several others of hers that have Epossumondas as the main character. I really think that your kids would like them. Happy Reading!!
Post a Comment