Friday, April 25, 2008

Claire my frilly girl

Claire is definitely a girly-girl! She loves to get her toes painted and hates to have her hands or feet dirty.

Yesterday she was wearing a simple cotton swing shirt and shorts to school, but she insisted on wearing her black shiny Mary Jane shoes with it! I kept fighting with her about it--I put on her tennis shoes twice but she kept taking them off and putting the Mary Janes back on. She kept saying "I wear my new BACK (black) shoes."

Wednesday she got to wear her new shiny white sandals to the Botanic Gardens. We walked to the dinosaur playground, and instead of running to play with the other kids, she came up to me whining, "My feeeeeeeet!" So I pulled her into my lap, pulled off her shoes, got out a baby wipe, and cleaned her sweaty, dirty feet, and wiped the dirt off of the organza bow on one of the shoes. She got her shoes back on, and got down to play, and within minutes she had walked into the sand pit on accident, getting sand all over her feet. Again, the whining..."Myyyyyy feeeeeeeeet!" So again she got into my lap, got her feet and shoes washed. She let me sit there and caress her soft little baby feet for the longest time while the other kids played. I told my friends, "She's going to be my pedicure girl!"

I'm not sure I'm ready for a high-maintenance girly-girl!

No comments: