We left Saturday morning and got the BEST site ever--adjacent to the lake and a huge field, perfect for the kids and neighbor's dogs to run!
Chris set up our new tent, while Aaron enjoyed his favorite part of the weekend: playing in the back of the truck with all the cords and ropes.
Claire was enthralled with all of it, as it was her first camping trip. The kids got DIRTY DIRTY, which drove me crazy at first and finally I realized I was going to have to stop worrying so much about the dirt. At one point Saturday afternoon Aaron was IN the lake (next to the "no swimming" sign), with his shirt off and his wet jeans sagging to the middle of his bottom! Claire wanted in so badly so I finally let her take off her shoes, rolled up her pants, and let her wade.
The campsite had some good playgrounds nearby, and the kids really enjoyed that.
Claire really enjoyed this tire swing:
Until she fell through onto her face!
The food was really good--Saturday night we had marinated venison tenderloin and wild turkey wrapped in bacon. Mmmm... We also had bacon for breakfast! And of course we did s'mores by the campfire at night. Camp food is the best!
The kids had fun just playing around the campsite. Aaron had his new bicycle, and of course Claire had her favorite toy--her tricycle.
Claire found a caterpillar one time and was playing with it, stretching it between her fingers and squishing it. She eventually squished it to death. Gross.
Aaron played with a rope from the back of Chris's truck almost the whole weekend. He pretended the rope was a leash or a telephone (after we got the tent set up he was playing in it, telling us he was hooking up the telephones!). Aaron even learned how to limbo!
There were some beautiful birds I tried to get pictures of. I really liked the woodpeckers:
And this oriole had the prettiest song!
The kids did remarkably well sleeping in the tent. It helped that they were exhausted! Aaron loved sleeping with his "baby" (Claire)--he's never done that before! Claire wouldn't stay under the covers--every time I checked on her she was squirmed up into the corner of the tent, so I'd have to pull her back down to the covers and tuck her in again, because it got pretty cold during the night. Chris and I had an air mattress that deflates through the night, but it's better than sleeping on the ground!
One of the funniest times was when we were packing up to go and the kids made friends with the people at the campsite next to ours. The little puppy was named Donut, and the boy, Noah, was sharing him with Aaron and Claire. Claire thought that little miniature dog was hilarious and she told me "I take Donut with me" when we were leaving. Poor girl needs a puppy!
Here are more good pictures, if you haven't seen enough already! We can hardly wait to go camping again!
And here is a link for even MORE pictures (overload, I know!)
share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8AcuGLVy3aOX-w
No comments:
Post a Comment