Sunday, April 27, 2008

Little show-off

It seems like I post about Claire alot more than Aaron lately, but let me tell you, that girl seems to change every day! She is charming and so very sweet.

Yesterday she did something that totally floored us--she counted to 10! Numerous times! She had spent the night with Mimi and Pa the night before, so after she had counted straight to 10 a few times in a row, I called them up to find out if they had worked with her on it. As far as I knew she could only count to three, and most of the time she didn't make it past 2! Pa told me, "Well, we counted my toes last night, and she counted to 10, but it seemed like she already knew how to do it." What??? She's KNOWN how to count to 10 and has been holding out on me? Maybe she's been counting to 10 for her mother's day out teachers for weeks now. Or maybe she just decided to wait until she wanted to show-off for Mimi and Pa.

Regardless, it's the cutest thing ever--I'm going to try to get a video of it this afternoon. The first time she did it for me I just started laughing hysterically, smiling at her, telling her how proud I am, and she just grinned ear-to-ear and did it again.

This afternoon when it was time for her nap, we decided to let Daddy put her down. He doesn't get that opportunity often because she prefers for me to do the bedtime routine, which is such a sweet time. Chris told me he read her Llama Llama book (a new favorite!), then she was just reclining on him sucking her thumb. He said she rolled over to crawl up on his shoulder, gave him a kiss on the cheek, and laid her head down and fell asleep. How sweet is that? Just makes me want to eat her up!

No comments: