I love this cheesy shot of Claire.
Claire loved these monkeys--she threw a fit when we had to walk away. The monkeys were jumping around like crazy and made Claire laugh and laugh. It was so fun to see her really enjoy a trip to the zoo! Last time we went she was strapped in the stroller!
The new gorilla at the zoo was seriously making me laugh--it looked like he was talking on his cell phone!
When we saw these apes, I had a quick talk with Aaron about how the monkeys were eating vegetables because they are yummy. Aaron said, "Why does that monkey have a shirt on his back?" I don't know, sweetie, I don't know....
Claire told me the elephants were "cary" and wouldn't get close to the fence. She stood at a distance eating her animal crackers. I think that eating the animals made her feel powerful and in control--those animals surely knew she was in charge.
Aaron was not afraid of the elephants. I like this picture because of his frat boy tuck.
We met a friend there and I taught her my new trick for getting both of the kids to look at the camera at the same time. "Hey kids, do I have a rabbit on my head?"
Look at the snake on her head!
We ran into Roxanne, one of my friends and Claire's teacher at mother's day out. Claire ADORES Roxanne and says her name just like the song--with an attitude. "RooooooxxxxxANNE!"
Claire didn't quite turn around on this one--but I liked it nonetheless!
Sometimes there are disadvantages to being tall! I wish you could have seen how hard this giraffe had to work to get into this position. I was rolling laughing!
Claire decided she was too good for the wagon and wanted to walk for a while. During her walk she saw her shadow and kept stopping to talk to it. She looked at me and said, "That's Taire!" and was waving at herself.
This meercat has a really tough life.
And finally, this picture is for Aaron. All day he was pointing out waterfalls--he was NOT there to see the animals. Waterfalls are a new obsession the last few weeks. I may frame this one in his room.
No comments:
Post a Comment