Tuesday, April 29, 2008

So thankful for spring!

I have really been enjoying spring. It is so much better this year than last. At this time last year Claire was not walking yet (was that really only a year ago???) so going outside meant carrying a baby on my hip the whole time.

This spring we spent much of our day outside!

Picnic lunches in the backyard or on a blanket on the driveway are the norm on pretty days--anything to minimize how many times a day I have to clean the kitchen table! Our last picnic was on the driveway; it was so cute to watch the kids munch on their PB&J's and watch the ants walk across the cement.

I love the afternoons after naptime when we just go in the backyard and the kids play mostly by themselves. I can even do small jobs in the kitchen with the window open so I can hear them playing. Yesterday they got sooooo dirty and filthy playing in the sand and mud and with the sidewalk chalk that I wiped them up and sent them straight to the bathroom for an early evening bath! That is what childhood is all about--playing with the bugs in the dirt and enjoying yourself!

This evening after dinner we went outside to play, again, and I convinced Aaron to practice riding his new bike. Claire scooted all around on her tricycle having the best time. They are the cutest little pair!

We just love being outdoors!

No comments: