Monday, August 25, 2008

Can I just say...

Can I just say that I absolutely love being a stay-at-home mom? It is most certainly the life I was meant for.

Last night I was thinking, "Hooray! Tomorrow is Monday!" What kind of freak loves Mondays? Well, I do! I love getting back into routine with my kids. Don't get me wrong--by Thursday I'm usually excited for the weekends. But I love the little groove the kids and I have together.

Today we slept late, until after 8, because it had been a rough last week and weekend, and we all needed it. We had breakfast at 9 and left the house around 10 to run errands. We did some shopping and went to get the van detailed. I packed us a lunch, so we had a little picnic on a blanket on the grass behind the car dealership.

One of our other errands was going to get my car tag, and the kids were cracking up everyone in the office. Aaron was actually READING some words on a coloring sheet I gave him, much to the amazement of another lady standing in line. I was beaming with pride!

I am so thankful I get to have these children with me most of the time. I am thankful for my job as a full-time mommy, and the flexibility it brings.

Thank you Lord for knowing exactly what I need in life, and for providing it! And especially for the van, because I swear it's making the task of running errands with them EASIER!

2 comments:

Sophie-and-Bryce said...

ain't it the truth?

that van will SAVE you SO MUCH hassle, girl!!!!!

AngieP said...

a blanket behind the dealership.
That is IMPRESSIVE!! Now imagine Alexandria sitting on a blanket for maybe 2 seconds. :)