Monday, December 15, 2008

Christmas Tour of My Home

I would love to be able to see pictures of some of my Mom's and Grandma's favorite decorations from years ago! So today, I documented some of mine, for posterity.

First, on the door coming in from my garage, I hung the beautiful wreath I won at a silent auction last year. I didn't bother with a wreath on the front door because the only person who ever uses that door is the UPS man!


In my kitchen, I have a cute little gingerbread man sitting on the window sill above my sink. This little guy makes me smile. He's my baking buddy during the holidays!


I love getting out platters and using my cute Christmas tree trivet.


My table has hand-crocheted placemats made by Chris's grandmother. I have some fake poinsettas I found at Grandma's house in one of my apple pitchers. Random, I know. Aaron was eating strawberry pancakes while I took pictures.


And Claire was busy with her Diego stickers.


Now join me in the living room! On the sofa table, I have a cute light-up train that I also won at the silent auction last year. The kids really like it. I also have a couple of cute peppermint candle holders, with no candles. I couldn't find the ones from last year and I haven't remembered to buy more at the store. This is the story of my home decorating. Half-done!


Next to the train is my nativity set, which a college roommate got me several years ago. The star is supposed to light up but needs new batteries.


Then we move on to the mantle. I just love my stockings! I bought the first 3 when Aaron was little, and my friend monogrammed them for me. When I was pregnant with Claire, I rushed back to Target to buy another one for her, hoping they were still carrying them a year later, and picked up two just incase we had a 3rd baby down the road. I like matchy stockings! I went ahead and hung the new baby's this year. I doubt Target still sells these stockings so maybe that means we should not have any more babies.


One of my favorite pieces on the mantle is my Christmas countdown. Aaron loves to change the days! He's always wanting to change it to zero though!


I have some cute stuffed snowmen sitting in a window. And a Santa I found at Grandma's house.


My entertainment center is sporting a cute Santa and snowman with really long legs. These just make me smile. There is also another nativity scene, an MSU snow globe, and a couple of other random items.


Then of course the tree! The Christmas skirt was also crocheted by Chris's grandmother and matches the placemats. There is also a Christmas boot around the house somewhere that she crocheted. She's working on a crocheted nativity set for me, and since many of the other women in the family already have one, I'm looking forward to getting mine!

(I keep meaning to take down that picture behind the tree, and wrap it like a present with a pretty bow, then re-hang it. My aunt does that with her pictures most years and it looks cute!)

Finally, this is one of the kids favorite items! They got it last year from Chris's aunt. When you push the button, it snows and plays REALLY LOUD Christmas songs. Gotta love it!


Now that you've seen my house, maybe you could take me on a tour of yours!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

neato! i'd like to try to do the tour thing...if i can find some time. you are so organized, and with 2 kids. how will i ever make it if i have children one day. haha.

loved seeing all your christmas things and the stories behind them.

kim.

Anonymous said...

ditto what kim said..how do you find the time?!? i think this is a great idea though..after i get my house clean..i'll do the same! :)

Nicole said...

Ha! If you only knew. Organized I am not...and my house is usually not clean but Chris helped me do a whirlwind cleaning session yesterday afternoon. Keep in mind these are close up shots...you can't see the mess in the sink or on the floors!! ;-) And I was still in my jammies when I took them!

Amy said...

I was planning on doing the tour too! (so friends and family afar could see!) But I guess friends near would enjoy it too!

I think your house looks great...fun and festive!