Friday, December 12, 2008

Every door in the house is closed...and more of Claire's quirks

Claire is getting bigger every day, and it's so hard to look at her and not think of how she was my little baby just, what, YESTERDAY?

Lately she has had this obsession with closing doors. If a door is open, it must be closed. Any time she leaves a room she closes the door behind her. I remember when Aaron did this, and I guess it went away. It's so strange to walk in the back of the house and all the doors to the bedrooms and bathroom are closed!

She also says things "smell" like something else. What she means is that they "look" like it, but for some reason she says "smell"! For example, "That smells like Dora!" or "Does that smell like a paper towel?" or "Those smell like dajamas (pajamas)!" Cracks me up and I hate to correct her because it's so cute!

For Christmas, she is getting a big doll house I bought her back in the spring at the consignment sale. (It's been stored in our attic for many months!) I've bought a little doll family and am getting her a couple of rooms of furniture for the house. Then one day last week we were talking about Santa, and she told me Santa was bringing her Ponyville. WHAT? What on earth is Ponyville, I wondered. I looked it up and saw it was a My Little Pony play set. I remembered that she had seen a big carnival one at Walmart right around Thanksgiving, and she must have known from a commercial that it was called Ponyville. (Thank you Nick Jr advertising!) So, I found a little pony bus set for $11 and Santa's going to throw that in with the dollhouse. Santa aims to please!!

No comments: