I have so many things on my mind!
*I can hardly believe Christmas is 3 days away! Only 2 days until our first family gathering! I am so excited about the kids getting their gifts, and doing all the traditional things like reading the Christmas story by firelight (or maybe a fire on Christmas Eve would scare Santa?), going to the Christmas Eve service at church, warm cinnamon rolls on Christmas morning. The anticipation is killing me!
*Tomorrow is my mom's birthday. I am so excited about her gift this year--I have bought the two of us tickets to see TransSiberian Orchestra tomorrow night!! She is excited--she cried when I first told her because she would have liked for Grandma to go. I hardly ever get to do stuff with just my mom, so I'm looking forward to this.
*The kids have yet to see Santa! I'm hoping we can make it to the Enchanted Forest tomorrow, and they can sit on Santa's lap. This is one thing that hasn't been a high priority this year.
*I was tallying the kids gifts last night, trying to figure out what will be wrapped, what will be from Santa vs. Mom/Dad, and I realized Claire's gift count is higher than Aaron's (because his gifts were more expensive). I may have to go find a $10 toy or something for Aaron to even it out a bit! (I think that sounds crazy, as he will get plenty of toys!! But I'm still thinking about it...)
*I also realized that Aaron thinks Santa is bringing him a big garbage truck for Christmas, but he is getting that gift from Chris's grandmother, and we won't do that gift exchange until Friday. I am really hoping he is not disappointed all day on Christmas when Santa doesn't deliver it!
*My dad is coming to visit Friday. I'm looking forward to it! He never stays long, but I'm hoping he'll stay through Saturday evening at least.
*One of my best friends from high school is getting married Saturday. I'm so excited for her, and can hardly wait to attend the wedding!
*I have so many things to cook this week! I'm determined to make some homemade cinnamon rolls, plus I have to make enchiladas for one gathering, veggie soup and salad for another gathering, and au gratin potatoes and strawberry salad for another gathering. It's a good thing I love cooking!!
2 comments:
What is strawberry salad?
Oooh, it's actually called Strawberry Champagne salad, although I have no idea why. I found the recipe several years ago--here's a link:
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Champagne-Salad/Detail.aspx
Post a Comment