Tuesday, December 2, 2008

In a bird's nest?

In the Christmas boxes, I had put away several of our Christmas books, so Claire took a couple to Daddy to have him read them to her while we decorated the tree. One of them has some kids who are putting on a Christmas pageant about the nativity. Her commentary had us rolling laughing! She wondered why the shepherds were holding "hooks". Then she said, "Why is that baby in a bird's nest? A baby doesn't dablong in a bird's nest!" So cute!

But I couldn't help but think...no He didn't belong in a bird's nest, but he took on the lowly trappings of this earth just to save ME. And Claire. He is a royal prince deserving of more than the world can offer, but that's not how he came to earth. I hope she and Aaron learn this Christmas that it's not about the presents under the tree, but the baby in the bird's nest. How precious that truth is!

1 comment:

Woodman said...

ha!! I love it!! The things children say!