Saturday morning after I took pictures of the sunrise, I started on breakfast. The kids were still snoozing away in the tent!
We brought a cast iron skillet to use on the grate over the campfire. That's the first time we've tried something like that, and it was alot of fun. I made pancakes...
And we fried bacon and sausage! Yum!
Right around this time Chris heard a deer "blowing" in the woods. I heard it but never would have known it was a deer. He said they blow when they smell something they don't like, and I said, "Like bacon and sausage??" Ha!
These were the first two pancakes, that I overcooked. The rest were not burned!
I finally went in the tent to get the kids up so they could enjoy breakfast while it was hot! Claire was awake but just laying there, so she was all grins when I came in.
But Aaron was a little harder to wake up.
Look at this delicious breakfast!
After breakfast we all went to the playground. Aaron loved this see-saw but Claire didn't want to ride it much so Aaron was constantly begging her to come see-saw with him. Poor guy!
Claire preferred the tire swing!
We went fishing again!
Aaron baited his OWN hook!
The kids loved playing in the back of the truck. This is Claire with her favorite baby doll, Baby Judy.
You see Aaron rigged up a machine to pull chairs up. Future engineer, I'm tellin' ya!
Then we packed up and headed for home. Claire fell asleep before we left the campground.
And Aaron asked approximately 182 questions on the ride home.
Great camping trip! Can't wait until the next one!
2 comments:
Too fun! And whatever illness you have, I have it too. There can NEVER be enough pictures taken of any event. Keep on snapping girl!
sounds like ya'll had a blast! i love camping and cooking over an open fire is priceless! be glad you have the illness of taking too many pics..i have the illness of not taking enough! luckily kim and mom share their pics!
Post a Comment