Aaron asks so many questions that some days I just have to tell him, "Mommy is tired of answering questions!" His questions often have no real answer, which drives me even more batty.
I really have to watch what I say around him, because if I mutter something to myself he will always ask me a question about it. Or, if I use a word he's not familiar with, he will ask me about it.
Some examples:
Mommy, making a mental note to herself: "You need a new toothbrush."
Aaron: "Why do I need a new toothbrush?"
Mommy: "Yours is all ratty."
Aaron: "What's ratty?"
Mommy: "It's all messed up. See?" (points to head of toothbrush)
Aaron: "What will happen if my toothbrush is all ratty?"
Mommy: "It won't clean your teeth good."
Aaron: "What will happen if it doesn't clean my teeth good?"
Mommy: "You'll get cavities."
Aaron: "What will happen if I get a cabity?"
Mommy: "The dentist will have to drill a hole in your tooth for a filling."
Aaron: "What's a filling?"
Mommy: "Enough questions already!!!!"
And this is every day, all day. Chris thinks it has really picked up in the last few weeks. He's kinda moved from "Why?" after every answer to "What will happen if..." after every question.
Oh, and here's the kicker--if you don't answer him or respond in any way (read: ignore!), he will get louder and finally say, "EXCUSE ME MOMMY!" and repeat his question. Then you get "Excuse me Mommy" over and over until you respond.
Chris says I ask too many questions. So I guess he comes by it honest!
2 comments:
well, atleast he is polite and says, "excuse me"! ha!!!
Girl, I feel your pain!
Post a Comment