Sunday, October 5, 2008

What a little stinker!

Claire has me figured out. She can make me jump just when she wants.

Yesterday she was bugging me for a Diego band-aid, for her imaginary boo-boo. I was in the middle of reading something and repeatedly told her to please wait and I would get her a band-aid soon. I also reminded her that she wasn't actually bleeding. Finally she stopped asking for a couple of minutes, and then said, "Oh! I need to go poop!" Immediately I put down what I was reading to help her go to the bathroom. I was following her to the back of the house, but when we got to the hallway, instead of heading toward her bathroom, she headed toward the band-aid closet and said, "Oh! I need a Diego band-aid." As I was getting her one, I realized--I've been DUPED! She didn't even need to use the bathroom.

Last night the kids stayed with Chris's cousins and they said she did the same thing! Jennifer was reading to Aaron, and Claire kept trying to distract her in various ways. Finally she said, "I need to go poop!" Jennifer got up to take her, and once in the bathroom she said, "Oh, I don't need to go."

What a little stinker!!

2 comments:

Amber said...

She is a smart one! I love this story.

kristi said...

that's hilarious! the funny thing is my grandma who has dementia does the same thing! isn't that funny?