My dad, aka Poppy, came to visit the day after Christmas. He lives about 5 hours away and we don't see him much. He comes to visit about once a year, and we visit him once or twice a year. The kids know who he is though, and look forward to his visits.
Claire especially latched onto Poppy for the couple of days he was here. From the time he arrived she was sitting in his lap chatting away, just charming him and melting his heart. I have three nephews he sees on a somewhat regular basis, so having a little granddaughter is not something he is used to. (He says my brother's boys are hooligans!)
The first night of his visit we went to a Christmas light display at a nearby park, and Claire wanted to sit in Poppy's lap while we drove through. The next morning we went to the Harley dealership--Poppy is a Harley man and likes to visit the dealerships when he comes to town.


Side note--Aaron liked this bright blue motorcycle!

When we were at home, Claire would beg Poppy to come play in her room. She has never really done that with anyone else who came to visit. I think she wanted Poppy all to herself! I snuck in for some pictures...


Poppy almost left on Saturday afternoon. He is very much a homebody and doesn't like to be away from home for long. But when Claire woke up from her nap and sat in his lap, I could see the love in his eyes, and he said, "I think I'll just stay until the morning." It made me smile to see him connect with my daughter. He told me that I was sweet when I was little, but he didn't remember me being that sweet. We are looking forward to our next visit with Poppy!
Claire especially latched onto Poppy for the couple of days he was here. From the time he arrived she was sitting in his lap chatting away, just charming him and melting his heart. I have three nephews he sees on a somewhat regular basis, so having a little granddaughter is not something he is used to. (He says my brother's boys are hooligans!)
The first night of his visit we went to a Christmas light display at a nearby park, and Claire wanted to sit in Poppy's lap while we drove through. The next morning we went to the Harley dealership--Poppy is a Harley man and likes to visit the dealerships when he comes to town.
Side note--Aaron liked this bright blue motorcycle!
When we were at home, Claire would beg Poppy to come play in her room. She has never really done that with anyone else who came to visit. I think she wanted Poppy all to herself! I snuck in for some pictures...
Poppy almost left on Saturday afternoon. He is very much a homebody and doesn't like to be away from home for long. But when Claire woke up from her nap and sat in his lap, I could see the love in his eyes, and he said, "I think I'll just stay until the morning." It made me smile to see him connect with my daughter. He told me that I was sweet when I was little, but he didn't remember me being that sweet. We are looking forward to our next visit with Poppy!
1 comment:
Awww, that is so sweet! Nothing like watching our parents with our children. The thought of your dad spending an extra day with you guys brought a tear to my eye. Such special times!
Post a Comment