This morning at breakfast Aaron told me, "I had a dream..." and I wondered if he somehow knew it was MLK day. Ha!
But no, he really did have a dream last night, and he remembered it enough to tell me. It was so cute listening to him tell Daddy and me about the dream. I'm going to attempt to type out his words here...
A: "I had a dream! And I was in it. And my cousins were in it."
M: "What happened?"
A: "Well, me and Emma were riding on the back of a knuckle-boom truck. And Nate was driving."
D: "Nate and Reed were driving?"
A: "Um...no, I don't think Reed was in that dream." (Sorry Reed!)
M: "What did you do?"
A: "Nate pressed on the pedal really fast and the truck fell over!"
M: "Did anyone get hurt?"
A: "Um, no, I don't think so. I guess Nate forgot to put down the jacks!"
D: "Was anyone else in the dream?"
A: "Yeah, some grownups."
M: "Which grownups?"
A: "I don't remember. Maybe Emma and me were driving the knuckle boom truck..."
For those of you who don't know, a knuckle-boom truck is that truck that comes by (at least in our city) at least once a week to pick up leaves, branches, and other trash you put out on the curb. It has a big claw and a dumper, and when it's ready to pick up the load, it has to put down jacks to steady itself, then the claw is manuevered over the pile, where it grabs the trash and swings it over into the dumper. Aaron loves it!
No comments:
Post a Comment