Sunday, January 25, 2009

Thankful for pretty days

Thursday and Friday were just beautiful! When we got home from school Thursday, the kids didn't even go inside...they immediately started playing in the driveway. We sat out there for about an hour, then moved to the backyard for another hour and a half. While they were in the backyard, I enjoyed a quiet house, did some laundry and some reading. That backyard is definitely going to come in handy this summer!

The kids got filthy and loved every minute of it!




Claire accidently put her dirty hand in her mouth right as I snapped this picture!




They told me they were making paper. They had to get the dirt and "grabel" (gravel) in the buckets, dump it in the wheelbarrow, then take it to the paper factory. Such vivid imaginations...I just love to hear them talk to each other while they're playing!

(And it's no wonder grass won't grow on that part of the backyard!)

No comments: