Last night I swept and mopped the kitchen (to avoid doing it today!), then it was off to the craft table! It's so nice to get the night "off"...no baths to give, no bedtime stories to read. Not that I don't love doing those things, but a girl needs a night off every once in a while!
I enjoyed making a set of cards for a friend who is getting married next weekend. Her last name begins with "S". (I threw that in because Chris said, "Why 'S'?" He doesn't "get" stationery!)
A couple of weeks ago on my craft night I drew my friend Regina's boys' names and made gift tags out of them.
Brady is into pirates...

And Bennett is into superheroes!

To draw the little icons on the letters I found cute clip art on the computer to give me an idea of some simple drawings I could sketch. I had to Google "superhero logos" to find all those pictures to use for Bennett's name! After I had drawn them, I scanned them and put them in a Word document to print on cardstock. They turned out really good! I did some for Aaron and Claire too...just ABC pictures. It's the same drawings I used on their chore charts I made back in September.

4 comments:
Very Cute!
Your friend is sure to love the cards.
You are one smart mamma to negotiate a night to yourself. I guess your husband gets a little credit since he help make it happen. Lucky girl!
I love the stationary.
i'm sure that's wonderful to have a night off. and i love your creativity. you know, i have a thing for stationary.
kim.
Oooh, how cool! I can't believe you have the energy to want to craft at night. It seems my creative juices stop flowing about the time it gets dark! By the way, we LOVE, LOVE our Brady and Bennett's notecards. I can't wait to go to a party so I can use them. You are one creative chick! Thanks bunches for our awesome cards!
Post a Comment