Monday, January 12, 2009

Marshmallow Tinker Toys...a fun winter activity!

We suffer from a bit of cabin fever in the winter, so when I saw the idea for this entertaining (inexpensive!) activity, I just had to try it. Plus, Aaron is already asking for Tinker Toys for his birthday *IN JUNE*. Crazy kid.

The first thing Aaron built was a Christmas tree. The pretzels sticking up are ornaments.


Claire wasn't that great at building something herself, and she asked me to build her a stroller. So I sorta did something that looked like it might have wheels, and had two handles for her to push. That's all her imagination needed! Next I built a baby for it...here she is pushing it along the table!


Next, Aaron built a tow truck, then he built another one that is being towed by the first tow truck. You can totally tell that's what it is, can't you? (Ha!)


The great thing about this activity...it's edible!


I took a cute video of them playing and talking about their creations.

1 comment:

Amber said...

Great idea! I'm going to try this my little monsters. They love marshmallows.