I am ready to cut it! I have been growing it out for Locks of Love, a non-profit organization that provides hairpieces to disadvantaged children. My friend Allison used to (or maybe still does!) grow her hair out and cut it off over and over to donate. You need 10 inches to donate, and I thought I had a little over eight. It turns out the way I was trying to measure it on my own I must have not been holding the ruler right, because Chris measured for me Monday and I have 11-12 inches!! I am so excited! I haven't set a cut date yet, but it will soon, baby, soon! I'm so tired of finding my long hairs all over the place, and I'm tired of blow drying it. In fact, many days I skip the blow dry and just pull it back in a ponytail. What style I have, right?
I am looking forward to a short 'do. I'm also so excited to be helping a young child, possibly a cancer patient, have a beautiful head of hair! I'll be sure to post before and after pics!
4 comments:
That is wonderful! Good for you!
I'll be excited for you! After Sophie, I donated 13 inches to LOL. My hair was past my rear-end! YIKES!
I'm so proud of you - you've got really gorgeous, healthy hair, too!
Okay, I'm totally envious of you girls that have fast growing hair! Way to go Nicole. Can't wait to see the new do!
yay! glad to hear i have a fellow donor! i'm growing my hair to donate too. this will be my 3rd time. the 1st time i donated to lock of love, now i donate to pantene's beautiful lengths. i'm pretty sure mine is long enough to cut, but i'm not quite ready to let it go yet :)
Post a Comment