It's late Friday night, and I haven't seen my kids since Tuesday morning. This is the longest I have been away from them--EVER. And they are having a BLAST.
Tuesday we took them to meet Chris's aunt and uncle, Benny and Judy. They live two hours away, near a big lake, so there was lots of fun stuff to do. Benny and Judy don't have grandkids, but they were so much like grandparents this week!
Aunt Judy sent Aaron a card late last week telling him how much fun they were going to have and telling him some of the fun stuff they had planned. Getting that card really got Aaron excited about it!
Every night the kids would call me around bedtime to tell me about their days. They made peanut butter cookies, went to the lake to see boats, had a picnic, went to a playground, saw a rescue helicopter land next to the van, baked and decorated cupcakes, picked out new toys at Walmart...it was a dream week for my fun-deprived children. (At least, they will think they are fun-deprived once they get back to normal!)
The highlight of Claire's week was the new Dora nightgown I bought for her the night before they left. She didn't know anything about it until she got there, and she was so excited to wear it every night, and even for nap. I am told she threw a FIT about taking it off this morning so Aunt Judy let her have it to carry around in her purse.
Aaron apparently learned about hydro-electric power at the lake, and told me all about what rescue helicopters did. He was really excited to discover that there was a toy cabinet at their house!
Of course another highlight was their Wal-mart trip. Aaron is always excited to learn that someone else has a Wal-mart like we do, and this one was special because they have toys! (Little does he know that our Wal-mart has toys, too! Bwah ha ha...*evil grin*) He got a new truck, although he won't tell me what kind of truck because he wants to surprise me. I heard through the grapevine that it is a crane. He needed one to round out his construction crew here at the house. Claire of course got a baby doll. She's running a dolly day care out of her room now.
The kids are back in town tonight, but are staying with our cousins Jennifer and Beth, so I can continue to help Grandma at the hospital. Knowing they were in town tonight it was SO TEMPTING to go by and get me some hugs and kisses, but I knew they would want to go with me so I didn't disrupt their fun.
I am a bit lonely without Chris and the kids, but the quiet house has been a nice refuge after long days at the hospital. I can't wait to get them back, either tomorrow or Sunday!
No comments:
Post a Comment