Monday, July 7, 2008

Celebrating our Freedom...

On Friday, the 4th, we celebrated our freedom--not only as Americans, but as Southerners who got spared a day of sweltering humid heat! The 4th brought beautiful overcast skies and temps that were just comfy enough for the kids to be in the pool but also for the grown-ups to sit in the shade and enjoy the day. I don't think I've ever experienced such a cool 4th of July!

We spent the day at Chris's cousins' house. They had a kiddie pool and sprinkler for the kids. Claire kept saying "I swim in my cousins' water," I think because the triplets dominated the pool! They are such little fish--they kept trying to actually swim underwater in the little pool. Claire stayed in longer than anyone and had a great time.

We let the kiddos take their naps there and when they woke up everyone else had gone. Claire said, "I want my cousins!" Sweet girl loves those cousins. We ate leftover burgers and hot dogs for dinner, then went out to Jen & Beth's church for a beautiful fireworks display! Aaron and Claire liked the fireworks! Claire kept saying "Lights on!" and "Boom!" when they would explode.

Here are some of my favorite pictures of the day! Enjoy!

No comments: