Yesterday was my 29th birthday, and it was great! (Yes, 29. No, I'm not joking. But I will be turning 29 next year too. And the year after that.)
Aaron had learned earlier this week that Mommy's birthday was on Wednesday. He talked about it all week! Yesterday morning at about 6:45 I was getting ready and Chris came in and said, "I haven't said a word to Aaron, but he is in his room making you a present." So sweet! He likes to make me presents--usually boxes or containers he has that he puts a few of his toys in and presents to me. Yesterday's gift was a recipe box full of foam vehicles, and his green garbage truck stuffed with five matchbox cars. So sweet and thoughtful!
Then he brought me my real present.
Chris asked his cousin Beth to go buy me a bunch of scrapbook supplies. Beth has so much scrapbooking stuff, and one night not too long ago she and I got together to make cards and I had so much fun using all her neat supplies! So I got several things that I had enjoyed using that night--eyelets and an eyelet punch, rubber and acrylic stamps, stamp ink, these clear bead thingies, a box of cards, and more! I can't wait to get some time to use it all!
Then my birthday morning took a turn for the worst--I had to go to the DMV to renew my driver's license. It expired yesterday and I didn't want to get caught at a roadblock or something with an expired license. So I got there at 7:45 and the line was halfway through the parking lot! I finally got waited on around 9:15. Luckily I brought a good book to read!
After running errands with Chris's grandmother, picking out carpet, linoleum and other stuff to go in her remodeled house, we came home for lunch. Lunch was remarkably peaceful! Would you believe there was about a 5 minute stretch when the kids were just EATING and didn't make a peep? If you've ever eaten a meal with them, you know this is a BIRTHDAY MIRACLE! I just sat there eating fresh cherries and thinking, "Wow, this is NICE!"
We ran more errands then came home for naps. I worked, even though I wish I hadn't had so much work to do so I could have taken the day off...). Then I woke Aaron up and we started on my cake! I made a copy-cat recipe of the Olive Garden Lemon Cream Cake. If you've ever tasted it, you know it's heavenly! The cake came out of the oven around 5, and I was impatient and wanted to ice it before we left for dinner so it would be ready to eat when we got home (it had to chill for 3 hours). Consequently, the icing was very slippery and cake was all lopsided! So ugly, but delicious!
Chris took me to dinner at Bol' A Pasta, where I ate eggplant parmesan and angel hair pasta. Yum! After dinner we stopped by Chick-fil-A to get my Grandma some dinner, then we went to her house to visit. She wasn't feeling great after a CT Scan during the day, so we knew she would enjoy some company. We chatted for a while then headed back home. Well, home, with a pit-stop at Lowe's to look at chair rail for Chris's grandmother's living room. We have this thing about somehow ending our dates with a stop at Lowe's. How romantic!
So...then we got home around 8:45, and the kids were still up waiting to eat cake! Aaron wanted me to have a real birthday party--he kept asking how many people were coming to my party--ha!--so I let them sing Happy Birthday and help me blow out candles.
Overall I had a really great day. I felt very loved, with calls from my Grandma, brother, Dad, Mom, uncle, and friends, and e-mails from lots of friends.
4 comments:
Can I still be your friend even though I'm late in wishing you happy 29th??? If it makes you feel any better, I forgot my brother's birthday earlier in the year. Looks like a great day. Aaron is so sweet, especially in sharing his fav toys with you. He loves his mommy!
Happy late birthday! Enjoy 29! I'm looking at 30 this summer and I'm NOT excited! :)
Bowling night looked fun too! How fun to take the kids!
Happy belated, girl!!!!!! Looks like you had a nice one.
((birthday hug))
I'm sorry that we didn't get out today to bring by those DVDs. They'll eventually get in your hands, I promise! Hahaha!
Happy Birthday! Thank goodness for the new age of blogs... I feel like I talk to you everyday and get to see the kids grow up! Hope you had a good one!!! Maybe one day soon we can actually see each other?
Post a Comment