
I e-mailed the family invitations to Claire's birthday party. It's because she is a 2nd child with a birthday 4 short weeks after her older brother's, so I cannot seem to get that advance planning done the way I do with Aaron's! The invitation said we would have Pinkalicious cupcakes, and my brother-in-law thought I was just being hip. No, one of Claire's favorite books is Pinkalicious, in which the main character turns pink from eating too many pink cupcakes. Claire chose Pinkalicious cupcakes for her party, so I actually had a very easy cake this time!
Claire had a fun party with her family. She got lots of new books for her birthday, which she is very excited about. Not only did we get her Pinkalicious, Pete's a Pizza, Rattletrap Car, Chicka Chicka Boom Boom, To Market To Market, and a couple of Scholastic books-on-DVD, but she also got My Big Book of Everything Pink, a Dora book, a Berenstein Bears collection, a Little Bear collection, and more! Needless to say we've been reading all week. She also got a couple of new dolls and some puzzles.
She also inherited some classic furniture that was mine when I was little. My mom pulled them out of her attic, cleaned them up, and presented them to Claire at her party.
I read many a story in this little white rocking chair--
And rocked and rocked on Rocky Horse--
I'm excited to see these in Claire's room now!
The Birthday girl, ready for cake
Uh oh! She snagged a taste!
We got a couple of generations pictures I will treasure--
My sweet Grandma, who was hurting on Sunday but made it to the party anyway--
Four generations of girls--
Claire enjoyed opening presents, and she had lots of help!
She likes the tea set Grandma found for her.
She had a tea party after everyone left--
Claire, you are such a sweet little girl, and I am so honored to be your Mommy! I'm glad you had such a happy 2nd birthday!
4 comments:
she looks so pretty in her outfit, and what CUUUUUTE cupcakes, nicole! i'll have to check out that book for sophie. :)
happy belated, sweet girl!
She is so precious!!!
Those cupcakes look YUMMY!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY CLAIRE BEAR!
I love the PINKALICIOUS theme! I swear, Claire gets cuter every day!
That party looks like so much FUN!! I'm going to see if they have Pinkalicious at the library for my girls. Tell your mom that she looks great. Absolutely beautiful!
Post a Comment