I have been crazy busy lately and I have so many thoughts swirling in my head. I thought y'all out there in cyber-space might want to know what's going on in my life. Yeah, right...but humor me, okay?
***Aaron's been in swimming lessons this week! He's having a blast. I think he might have a small crush on his teacher, Casey. He gets so giddy when he sees her! He's learning to use his ice cream scoops (his hands), how to kick in the water, how to go under, jump off the side, front and back float, and more! I don't expect he'll be swimming on his own at the end of this class, but he's already way more comfortable with water in his face. I hope to get some pictures of him at his lessons next week.
***I am in the midst of preparing for a garage sale! My sister-in-law and I decided pretty last minute to do a garage sale at my house on Saturday. She is getting ready to list her house for sale and I just have alot of junk. I'm serious--ALOT of junk. I think I might actually sell my prom dresses in this garage sale. Seriously--from 1995-1997...I have all my dance dresses! Think I could get a quarter for them? I'm also thinking now might be a good time to throw out the shoeboxes full of notes I passed with my girlfriends in high school. Yeah...I'm a dork and somehow those have stayed with me all these years. Under an inch of dust I'm sure. I wonder if someone would pay a dime for my box of notes?
***Claire's birthday is Monday! She has decided on a Pinkalicious birthday party with family. I'm excited about her gift, because since I got the playhouse for free, I had money to spend to buy her some of her favorite books that we usually check out from the library over and over again. She's getting Pinkalicious, Rattletrap Car, The Very Hungry Caterpillar, Pete's a Pizza, To Market To Market, and a couple of more I can't remember at the moment. She's going to love it!
***We are in the midst of redecorating Chris's grandmother's house. Since his grandfather passed away in November, she has been going through the grieving process. I think she is at the point of wanting everything to be new, so this house she's lived in for 50 years is getting a makeover! My sister-in-law and I are making the decorating decisions, and Mammaw is having so much fun. We picked out new colors for all the rooms (they used to all be white!), and the paint job is done. We've picked out new carpet and linoleum, the hardwood floors in one bedroom have been exposed and are being refinished, she's getting all new living room furniture, and more. It's crazy how much the house is changing and how great it looks already! We are so happy to help her out with this. It's alot of fun. But making all the decisions makes me realize how crazy hard it would be to build my own house. Picking out every little detail would drive me bonkers!
Okay, how's that for a brain dump?
No comments:
Post a Comment