Tuesday, July 15, 2008

An update on everything...

Prepare yourself for a major brain dump!

*Right now I'm in my grandma's hospital room--thank goodness for free wi-fi! Grandma is doing a bit better. We still don't know what's wrong with her, but are waiting for the results of a biopsy. The pulmonologist was able to clear out a bunch of mucous from her lungs yesterday and I think that has helped her breathe a little better. She is scheduled for a liver biopsy tomorrow.

*Because of everything going on with grandma, I am not going on the mission trip to Ohio I was supposed to leave for today. Chris and I decided it was not good for me to go so far away, especially not knowing what was wrong. I am preparing myself for bad news (and praying that it is not as bad as I'm expecting), and I didn't want to be 8 hours away when I found out that news. Plus, my family is small and I need to be here for Grandma. Chris left for the mission trip today, and we let the kids go away as scheduled, so I am free to be at the hospital as much as I need to be.

*The kids are off for their first time out of town without me! They have gone to spend a few days with Chris's aunt and uncle who live a couple of hours away. They are so excited to have the kids this week--they have planned an outing to the nearby lake to see boats, baking and decorating cupcakes, chalk and bubble time, and more. When we dropped the kids off today they said, "Bye!" with big smiles on their faces. I thought they might be a little more sad but they were so excited! They will be gone until at least Friday. This is the longest I have ever been away from them! I hope they do well. I hope I do well!

I have more to share--stay posted for more updates! I have pictures from the last few days with the kids that I am going to put up soon!

No comments: