Oh, I wish I had a picture or a video of Claire last night. We had dinner at my grandma's last night, and after dinner we sat around talking and playing with the kids. Claire found a magna-doodle toy and brought it to Daddy to draw things for her. One by one he drew most of the letters of the alphabet, and she knew almost all of them! I was floored by that--I knew she recognized many of them, but I was surprised to see her name so many right there at one time. Daddy also drew pictures for her to identify, and she was having fun doing that. One time he drew a puffy-looking tree, and she guessed it was a sheep. After she said that, I realized it did look more like a sheep than a tree! Silly Daddy can't draw...
Finally Claire took the drawing board from him and started scribbling things on it and saying, "What's that, Daddy?" One time she scribbled some stuff and Daddy couldn't guess, so she said, "It's a violin, Daddy. I draw a violin!" And it did kinda look like a violin--the humpy shape of the body of the violin, and a line coming out of it. She cracked us up! I don't think she meant to draw it, but after she had scribbled it she decided it looked like a violin!
Smart girl! I'm so proud! (Can you tell????)
No comments:
Post a Comment