Monday, May 26, 2008

Mommy in training

Claire is my little "mommy-in-training." She just loves her baby dolls and carries them around everywhere with her. She strolls them around the house either in the stroller or in her grocery cart, and she takes them with her in the car, complete with her diaper bag so she is always ready for their next feeding.









I cannot imagine where she gets this. *eyeroll* I am going to be bold and share what I think will answer that question--a very old picture of me, circa 1989, as an early "mommy-in-training." The digital version of the picture I have here is very poor quality, but you can make out a sling around my neck with two babies in it, and a stroller with three more. I used to play "babysitter" and take my babies for walks around the house.



And now I will go hide in embarassment while you laugh at my horrible late 80's haircut!

This is all a good reminder for me of how my children are emulating me in so many ways, so I need to be ever-conscious to be an example of the kind of person I want them to be. The kind of person GOD wants them to be. And that means being the kind of person God wants ME to be. What a high and noble calling I have as a mother. What a huge responsibility--I can only be properly equipped by Him!

No comments: