Friday, May 2, 2008

So much fun with friends!

A couple of weeks ago we went to the Incredible Pizza Company with a bunch of our friends. We had eight kids and four moms--we were either incredibly brave or incredibly crazy! It was alot of fun. Aaron and Claire's cousins were there, along with other friends from church. The kids enjoyed eating the food, and playing in the game room was awesome! They even had a mini-bowling alley which was the highlight for Aaron. One of the fun things for the kids that day was switching vehicles. We all met up at one house to caravan, and the kids all switched vehicles. For the ride up there I had Claire and her cousin Emma. On the ride back Claire got to ride with her cousin Reed. Reed was thrilled to be riding in Aunt Nicole's car. And Aaron had a great time riding with Aunt Christi in her van. He thinks vans are cool! (And I do too...can't wait to drive one! Did I just say that???)

I was thinking yesterday about how blessed Aaron is to be able to grow up with the same group of kids. Sydney, the girl in red sitting on his left, is 11 days younger than him. I have pictures of her mom and dad coming to visit Aaron when we were just home from the hospital, and Sydney was days away from being born. They have been together in the same Sunday school class their whole lives, and this school year they have been in the same mother's day out class. Four years is a long time for kids this age, but Aaron and Sydney have been friends for almost that long! We are so blessed with good friends!

And we are blessed with great family too! It was my prayer for my kids to have cousins to grow up with (something I did not have), so I could hardly contain my excitement when I found out Chris's brother and wife were having triplets a few months after Aaron was going to be born. It was an answer to prayer! Aaron and Claire adore the triplets and I'm enjoying watching them grow up together.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: