Thursday, June 26, 2008

A brag on my Mommy!



This weekend my mom called to tell me she was being published! She is an awesome writer--although her profession is actually accounting (formerly restaurant management). I think she should write a book or at the least have a blog. She is an iVillage community leader for several food message boards, so I guess she just uses that as her writing outlet!

So back to her publication news...Apparently she was browsing the net one day and found an article asking for essay responses to the question "What do you LOVE about being over 50?" So she typed something up on her lunch break one day, submitted it, and lo and behold it was chosen for the AARP magazine fall publication!

She needed an updated portrait to submit for use with the article, so she came by my house after work one day so I could flex my new photography muscles and attempt a decent shot. We did our quickie photo shoot in my front yard while the kids made a mess with their dinner in the house. Mom is terribly worried about her wrinkles, but I assured her it is AARP magazine and she doesn't quite look like she's old enough to write for them!

3 comments:

Jason and Leigha said...

What a beautiful picture!:)

Regina said...

Congrats to your Mom!

Amy said...

That's a really nice picture of your mom. And that's awesome about her news!