Saturday, June 28, 2008

Deception

I can hardly believe the deception that a 4-year old is capable of.

Aaron actually formulated a plan to get a treat that involved decieving Mommy and Daddy.

You see, he still wets at night, so he wears a pull-up to bed. We let him get a treat in the morning if his pull-up is dry. We don't make a big deal if it is wet.

Earlier this week he came into my bathroom after he woke up and said, "Let's go get my treat!" I looked at the designs on the front of his pull-up, indicating it was dry, and headed toward the kitchen. I looked into his bathroom and saw a wet pull-up on the floor with his pajama bottoms. Then it hit me--he got up, realized his pull-up was wet, so he changed into a clean pull-up instead of underwear like he normally does. I cannot believe he thought of that and actually did it! He wanted me to think the pull-up he had on was actually the one he had worn all night.

The next morning he came into my bathroom again, announcing it was treat time. Chris asked him if he had changed into a clean pull-up, and he wouldn't answer. I asked him, "Did you keep your pull-up dry last night?" and he said, "Don't ask that question!" He would not tell the lie--thank goodness. We went to his bathroom again, where I found his wet pull-up, again, and I had to explain to him that what he had done was a lie and he needs to tell Mommy and Daddy the truth.

I am not looking forward to more loss of innocence. Where did my little 5 lb baby go?

No comments: