This is NOT true. God does truly desire our happiness. And I have found that the more connected I am with God, the more my wants ARE His wants for me! "And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:19
One example is when I got my new camera. It's a luxury I thought I would never be able to afford, but God provided with a tax refund that was more than we expected. I think God knew that it would bring me a great deal of joy and I could even use it for great things (like taking a bajillion pictures at VBS last week!).
I had decided a few weeks ago that the kids, particularly Claire, needed a playhouse in the backyard. They play so well with them at other people's houses. I started looking online and thought I was going to have to spend at LEAST $200-$300 on one. I got a starting fund of $100 from one of the grandparents for the kids' birthday gifts. But I was still having trouble justifying the extra expense from our pockets.
Yesterday on the way to the Y for a morning of swimming, I accidentally went to the wrong way, driving down a different road than I usually take. I passed by a house that was foreclosed on a few weeks ago, and down at the curb with the trash was the EXACT playhouse I had been researching--the Step 2 "Neat and Tidy Cottage". The roof was banged in and it was missing the door and the little table inside, but the roof was easily fixed and the kids will never miss those missing parts! (I'm going to contact Step 2 to find out how much replacement parts are, just incase it's dirt cheap!)
The funny part of this story is that I couldn't get the house into my trunk (you should have seen me standing on the road with my trunk open, surveying the size of the playhouse and even lifting it into the trunk to see if I could balance it for the short ride home). Thank goodness a friend from high school lives two doors down from where I found the playhouse, so I dragged the playhouse to her driveway and left her a note saying Chris would pick it up with his truck that night. She told me later that she pulled into her driveway and freaked out because they have the same playhouse in their backyard and she couldn't figure out who would have dragged it out and caved in the roof!!
I sprayed the playhouse clean last night and got some pictures of the kids playing in it. Claire absolutely loves it!
My God is so mighty to provide!!
4 comments:
Wow Nicole! That is awesome! Good for you guys. I might have to start going down the wrong streets just to see if I can get so lucky! I'm sure that little playhouse has lots of playing time in it's future.
Wow, isn't our God such an awesome God. Why do we have such little faith at times? From the pictures, it looks like Aaron and Claire love it! :)
How cool is that?
God is good!!!!
Testify Girl!! Thats awesome!! I love how you "took a wrong turn" to find it! God is so good! And he DOES care about our wants!! I'm so happy you got it!!!!!
Post a Comment